Wednesday, May 16, 2007

arcade fire: funeral

last thursday my brother surprised me and bought a cd for me online. he had it shipped to me instead of him. he didnt tell me he was going to do it. how cool is that?
he sent me the first album from arcade fire titled 'funeral'. ive only had a chance to listen to it once, but i think i dig it. its totally my brothers kind of music, but ive always enjoyed his musical tastes. he is the one who introduced me to morrissey, so i owe him.
i thought this was such a cool idea, to order a cd and ship it to someone with out telling them. just kind of like a 'hey, i dig this, you should too!' i think im going to have to try this with the stuff i like...

1 comment:

chad said...

when i first heard the cd i thought it was rubbish... totally overhyped. i came back to it last january and i don't think its left my permanent playlist ever since. it took a bit to get used to the vocals, but since i have, i've found it to be my favorite album released in the past couple years. if "neighborhood #3 (power out)" and "wake up" don't bring you somewhere special, keep listening. hope it grows on you.